I am bumping this up since I now have pictures!
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 -3/4 of a green pepper, chopped small
1 package hotdogs, chopped
16 oz can pork and beans
1/3 cup chili sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cans of 10 buttermilk biscuits
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375*.
In a large skillet, saute green pepper in butter.
Stir in hotdogs and brown.
| Dice the green pepper really small if you have picky eaters. |
Add pork and beans, chili sauce, ketchup and brown sugar.
| just look at that saucy goodness.... |
Simmer 2 minutes. Pour hot mixture into 9X13 inch pan.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over hot mixture.
| Lots of mozzarella cheese!!! |
Cut biscuits in half to make 40 and place over the top of mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle tops of biscuits with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes until browned and bubbly.
I use light or fat free hotdogs to make this a little healthier.
| Kind of a weird name, but it is really tasty! |
Although it doesn't sound all that promising....this is actually a good dish and ALL my guys request it!
I think Doug had this recipe when we got married so it has seen many years with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment