| This is SO good on a cold day...heck who am I kidding, we like it any ole time! |
1 pound ground chuck (I like to use diced cooked chicken)
1 package taco seasoning
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 can pinto beans ( I use white-great northern beans with chicken)
1 can corn
1 can ro-tel tomatoes, mild
1 can diced tomatoes
Brown ground chuck, drain. Or if you are using chicken, boil and dice a couple chicken breasts.
Add all ingredients in large sauce pot.
Add 3 cups of water, more or less for desired consistancy.
Cook and simmer for 1 hour.
To serve, top with fritos, shredded cheddar, and a dollop of sour cream.
I found this recipe in a book given to me by my sister-in-law, Margie. It's one of those recipe books made up of recipes from a school. I think those are some of the best books, along with ones from churches. I love getting a new recipe book to browse through. Thank you, Margie!
This is so super easy and quick. And you don't have to have the toppings, but I think it helps to cover-up some of the veggies for the kids (and Doug, LOL).
No comments:
Post a Comment