Cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons oragne -flavored liquor, such as Triple Sec
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil, I used canola
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon lime oil or grated lime zest, I used zest
1/3 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350*
Mix together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together lime juice and liquor.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs and lime oil, or zest, until smooth.
Alternately whisk in flour mixture and milk and liquor mixture.
Keep beating until all is added and batter is just smooth.
Scoop batter into lined cupcake pan.
Bake in preheated 350* oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Tops should be lightly golden and should spring back when lightly touched.
Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
*************************************************
Syrup:
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons super fine granulated sugar, i used regular and it worked fine I just stirred to dissolve
1 tablespoon taquila
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice.
Whisk together all ingredients. Whisk well to dissolve sugar if using regular.
Using a skewer, poke four or five holes in top of each cupcake.
Drizzle syrup over the top of each cupcake.
Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
Top cupcakes with buttercream frosting.
***************************************************
Buttercream:
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
Beat butter, powdered sugar and salt with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add vanilla and beat until frosting is smooth.
Tint frosting with food coloring, if desired.
Spread frosting with a spatula or pipe on with a pastry bag.
This is only 1/2 of the original recipe, and I felt is was plenty of frosting.
Doug gave me this cupcake cookbook for Christmas. He knows me well and knows how much I love to cook. One thing I really like it that many of the recipes only make 12 cupcakes. More than plenty for our family. I think next up will be Boston cream pie cupcakes! I'll let ya know how they turn out!
Boston Cream Pie cupcakes...YUMMY!!!!
ReplyDelete