Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chocolate Angel Food Trifle

Want an easy dessert that looks impressive?? 
Want a dessert that kids love???
Want a dessert that's not too heavy??

Here it is....


Chocolate Angel Food Trifle

Here's all you need:

One loaf Angel food cake
One large box instant chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
One bowl Cool Whip

Using an electric knife, cube the angel food cake.

In a large mixing bowl, mix pudding and milk. Whisk until mixed.

Starting with the cake, create layers. Cake, pudding then Cool Whip. Repeat. 

I usually get three layers to fill my bowl. 

You can also make this in a 9 X 13 pan. Just spread all the cake on the bottom, top with pudding, then Cool Whip. 

I don't make this too far in advance, a couple hours at most, to avoid getting soggy cake.

I have taken this to a Pasta Feed for the football team twice and it is always eaten up! You could easily change the pudding flavor or add chopped candy bars, chocolate chips or fruit to make it more special. My crew likes it just this simple, so it's how we enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment