This is a real man-pleaser. I mean, just look at it...and anything wrapped in bacon makes my guys look forward to dinner! My dad, who is 70, says it's the best meatloaf he has ever eaten. And he isn't biased one bit by his only daughter's cooking. :)
It's another Pioneer Woman recipe. Yes, I check out her site almost daily, and if I didn't have to worry about gaining weight, I would cook even more of her recipe. And please, go look at her photos...so much more appetizing than mine.
Here's what you need to make this delish dish:
1 cup milk
6 slices white bread
2 lbs ground chuck
1 heaping cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
4 eggs, beaten
10 slices bacon, thin or regular sliced
Sauce:
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
Heat oven to 350*
Pour milk over bread in large bowl and allow to soak for several minutes.
To the bread mixture, add ground chuck, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, parsley and beaten eggs.
With clean hands, mix all ingredients together.
Shape mixture into a large loaf and place on a large broiler pan, this will allow the fat to drain while cooking. I like to line the pan with foil to avoid a big clean up.
Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking ends under the bottom of the meatloaf.
Make the sauce by combining all ingredients and mixing well. Using 1/3 of the sauce cover the top of the meatloaf with your spoon.
Bake for 45 minutes, remove from oven, add another 1/3 of the sauce and return to oven for 15 minutes.
Slice meatloaf and serve with remaining sauce.
This recipe makes a ton of meatloaf, so I usually cut it in half and have plenty for 4-5 people.
I made a couple small changes from PW's original recipe, be sure to check her's out to see the differences.
Source: Pioneer Woman
No comments:
Post a Comment