Thursday, February 24, 2011

24 hour Layered Lettuce Salad

Needs to sit overnight....plan ahead!
1 small head lettuce
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 box frozen peas (I never use these...we don't like 'em!)
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (I use light Miracle Whip, please don't shoot me...)
2 tablespoons sugar
4 oz grated cheddar cheese
1 cup crisp bacon, crumbled (you can use packaged real bacon bits in a pinch)

Baking bacon (say that fast 5 times!) is the only way to go. 350* for 20 - 30 minutes on a foil lined pan. Remove bacon, drain on paper towels, throw away foil...no messy cook-top to clean!

Break lettuce into pieces and place in 9X13 inch baking dish.

Sprinkle celery, green pepper, red onion and peas(if you're into that sort of thing) over top of lettuce.

Doesn't look like a 9" X 13" pan??? Nope we only need 1/2 a recipe for the 4 of us who are home.

Mix sugar and mayonnaise; spread over vegetables.

Just spread on top, don't mix it all together.

Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese and bacon.....what's not to love?????

Cover and refrigerate over night.




An easy way to have a salad ready the next evening.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! If you ever decide to do a fish recipe, invite me over when you make it so I can learn. I know you aren't a fan of tuna, but I couldn't remember if you dislike all seafood or just some. Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete