1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked diced chicken
I often use leftovers if I have them, otherwise I dice the raw chicken and cook it in a little bit of olive oil until no longer pink
1 package of chicken flavored rice
I use whatever I have, Rice-a-Roni or Lipton brand.
Broccoli flowerettes - as little or as much as you like, I use about a cup
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, maybe more if your family likes it cheesy
Cook chicken in a large skillet, then set aside.
In the same pan, cook rice according to package directions.
When the rice is about 1/2 done, add the broccoli and chicken to the skillet.
Cover and continue to cook as you would normally for the rice.
When rice is almost done, sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese, cover and cook till cheese is melted and rice is cooked.
Everyone likes this... simple, easy and filling. With the broccoli included, you can skip the veggie on the side and serve with some yummy bread and maybe fresh fruit. We're having ice cold watermelon, but no yummy bread because Jonah has a game and time is an issue tonight!
Make it soon, it's too easy not to!
Welcome Home!
ReplyDeleteyes, welcome home! been missing you on here (and have been a little envious of where you were :)...this looks wonderful!
ReplyDelete