| So easy and so good ! |
Chicken Breast or breast tenders, boneless, how ever many you need
Zesty Italian salad dressing, enough to really soak the chicken
Minced garlic, optional
ground black pepper, optional
I think the garlic and black pepper just give this recipe a little something extra for the taste buds!
In a shallow dish or platter, pour enough dressing to generously cover the bottom.
Add teaspoon of minced garlic, stir to combine. (optional)
Dredge each piece of chicken through dressing, coating both sides, then leave sitting in dressing for at least 30 minutes.
Grind black pepper over all, to your desired taste. (optional)
| The longer they sit, the tastier they become! If you are going to let them marinate more than 30 minutes, put them in the refrigerator to keep away harmful bacteria. |
While chicken soaks up all the wonderful flavors, turn grill on to high heat up, you want it to be really hot when you first put the chicken on to seal the outside and get those really cool grill marks.
For these little chicken tenders, I only cooked them about 4 minutes per side. A larger piece of chicken would need to grill longer to reach a safe level of "done-ness".
| My trusty side-kick when I'm grillin'. Poor little guy is on a special diet though, and can't even sample what's cooking! |
This chicken is very versatile. Serve it "as is" with a couple easy sides and you have a nice dinner. How about on a bun with grilled pineapple rings and melted provolone cheese? It's great in pasta salad, on steaming hot pasta with an alfredo sauce, or one of our all time favorites....Margie's Chicken Salad. I'll post that recipe soon.... it reminds us of the beach every time I make it!
...and who doesn't like to be reminded of the beach?
Nothing like marinating chicken overnight! YUM!!! And you're right, so many options!
ReplyDeleteLove the new background!!