Monday, August 15, 2011
Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
I found this recipe on Plain Chicken and thought it would be a hit with the guys. Doug and Caleb really liked it...it was a little spicy for Jonah (he really doesn't like anything spicy) and Drew is not a really big fan of pasta, but he ate it. I liked it the first night, but not so much for leftovers, I thought it was too dry, maybe because I used the lower fat ingredients??? You can find her recipe HERE. Give it a try at least once, your family may love it!
3-4 large boneless chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken) I used chicken breasts
1 can (10 3/4 ounce) Cream of Chicken Soup I used low fat/reduced sodium
1 can (10 ounce) Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies I used the mild and it was spicy enough for us
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tablespoon butter I used olive oil
1 – 8 ounce Velveeta cheese, cubed I used the 2% variety
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
Cut up chicken into bite size pieces.In a large skillet melt butter.
Add cubed chicken, garlic & onion.
Cook over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink.
Stir in soup, cheese and Rotel Tomatoes.
Reduce heat to low, and cook until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
Stir in spaghetti and pour into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment