First of all let me apologize for posting this dessert... it's SINFUL!
I first saw it on Pioneer Woman's site. Oh man it looked so good, just like everything she does...anyhoo, I made some changes to make it easier and less fat. I used a cake mix instead of making a homemade cake and don't tell anyone, but I only used 1 stick of butter in the frosting instead of 2. Here is what I did to make this awesome desert:
1 white cake mix, mixed according to package
While cake is baking prepare strawberries and frosting:
1 quart of fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and smashed
3/4 cup sugar, sprinkle in the strawberries and stir to combine
Frosting:
1 stick Butter
1-1/2 pound Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Pour about 3/4 of the batter into an 8 inch baking pan, making sure it is deep enough to handle the cake as it rises in the oven. Use remaining batter to make cupcakes.
Bake cake in 350* oven until done, 30 minutes, give or take a few.
Let cake completely cool.
When cake is cool, using a long serrated knife, cut cake in half across the middle so you have two rounds.
Place half of cake on cake plate cut side up.
Pour half of strawberries over cake, making sure to spread them out evenly and also get plenty of syrupy juice over all.
Frost the top of the 1st layer, being careful to leave strawberries evenly distributed.
Top this layer with other half of cake and repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
Once the strawberries are covering the top, frost the entire cake. It's kinda hard to cover all the strawberries, so just don't worry about it. It looks yummy with the berries peeking through.
Refrigerate the cake till ready to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment