Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Black Bean and Corn Salsa



2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans Mexican corn, drained
4-5 Roma tomatoes, or tomatoes of your choice
6 green onions, sliced thin
2 ripe avocados, diced
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
Cumin, lots of cumin, to taste
Fritos corn chips, the "scoops"

*Combine all ingredients in large bowl, except Fritos.

Taste to make sure you have enough cumin, add more if needed.
I love cumin, so I do this step several times. :) 

Stir gently to combine.

Let sit several hours or overnight for flavors to really develop.

Serve with Fritos corn chips, or some "Wheat Thin" type crackers.

Yum-O!

This is so good I can eat it as a side dish without the chips. It's great to take to pot-lucks and keeps several days in refrigerator for leftovers. 

*If you are making this for the next day, you can leave out the avocados until it is closer to serving time. Either way, it still tastes great.

No comments:

Post a Comment