1 package chicken flavored Ramen noodles,
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks, (or shrimp for lent)
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup cauliflower florets, I omitted these and used more broccoli
1 cup celery, sliced thin
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 medium onion, sliced thin
8 - 10 baby carrots, sliced thin
1/2 cup soy sauce, or teriyaki sauce*
Set aside seasoning packet from noodles.
Cook noodles according to package directions.
While noodles cook, stir-fry chicken in oil in a large skillet or wok. 5 -6 minutes or until no longer pink.
Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp tender.
Drain noodles: add to the pan with contentes of seasoning packet and the soy or teriyaki sauce.
Toss together well and serve imediately.
*I began this recipe with teriyaki sauce as you can see in the first picture, that I crossed out. But before I added it to the recipe, I tasted it and wow was it spicy! I tossed it out and grabbed the bottle of reduced sodium soy sauce and everyone loved it. And to be honest, I forgot to add the seasoning packet and it still tasted great.
| I think you could adapt this for lent by swapping the chicken for shrimp! Maybe even using shrimp flavored Ramen... |
No comments:
Post a Comment