Plain Chicken is a great blog for tons of quick and tasty meals. I stumbled upon this one this weekend and knew I had to give it a try. My old standby Chicken and Rice recipe is loved by all my guys and requested often, so I wondered if I should even bother with trying a new one, but my enjoyment for trying new recipes got the best of me so here we go...
1 box chicken flavor Rice-A-Roni, I found a lower sodium choice
1 can cream of chicken soup, low fat/reduced sodium
1 cup sour cream, I used light
3-4 cups cooked, chopped chicken, I used Rotisserie Chicken
1 (6 oz) can French fried onions, I only used about 3/4 of the can
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions.
Add soup, sour cream and chicken. Stir to combine.
Spread rice mixture in a lightly sprayed 9x13 pan.
Top rice with fried onions.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Super quick to put together, the most time consuming part was removing the chicken from the bones. Doug, J and I all enjoyed it. The recipe makes quite a bit, so it is definitely good for families.
Give it a try!
Source: Plain Chicken Blog
No comments:
Post a Comment