Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Greek Tomato and Feta Dip


Whoa baby was this ever good!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and knew I had to try it. It looks so fresh and tasty and I have developed a real obsession affection for Feta cheese. Doug and I were going to have this as an appetizer before a simple pork chop and pasta salad meal. Well here is what happened.....



Yes, it was that good!

Needless to say, we are having pork chops tomorrow! 

Here's what you need to put this deliciousness together...

1/3 (about) cup olive oil
3-4 roma tomatoes, diced
4-5 green onions, sliced thin
4 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
2 teaspoons Greek seasoning ( In the spice section at WalMart, Cavender's brand, yellow/red label)
1 french baguette 

Start by pouring olive oil onto your platter. Let it coat the bottom. you may need a little more or less, you be the judge.

Top oil with tomatoes, green onions, Feta cheese and Greek seasoning.

Using a spoon, gently mix everything together. 

Warm bread, then slice thin.

Spoon dip onto sliced bread and enjoy. 

This was so good guys... I could have eaten it with a spoon and no bread...mmmm! 
It reminded us of bruschetta, which we love. I can't wait to try it in the summer months when the tomatoes are garden fresh! 

For all you family members, you will be seeing this at a family gathering in the future!








Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment