Butter, about 1 tablespoon per person, you could use a little olive oil and skip the butter
whipping cream, 1 tablespoon per person
salt and pepper
aluminum foil (I buy the foil squares to make these)
Wash new potatoes, thoroughly.
Lay out a piece of foil for every packet you are making.
Dice potatoes in bite size pieces, skin on, pile up on foil sheet.
Cut up butter in pieces and distribute on each pile of potatoes.
Salt and pepper each bundle according to taste.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of whipping cream over potatoes.
Fold up foil to form a packet around the potatoes.
Be sure the packet is sealed good, to prevent leaking and it also helps to speed the cooking process along.
Bake in a 375* oven for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are really tender.
To serve, open packet and ta-da you have a perfectly good side dish that everyone will love!
This is a recipe I altered a little from the Pioneer Woman.
Her's can be found here .
Her's can be found here .
Lots of ways to vary this, in the summer I slice them thin, cook them on the grill with bacon pieces and when they are finished, grated Parmesan cheese. If the weather would warm up and the rain would go away, maybe I could make them outside again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment