Friday, April 1, 2011

Oven Roasted Asparugus

...and it's good for you!



One bunch fresh asparagus

Olive oil

Seasoned Salt, I use Lowery's

Wash and asparagus and trim off tough ends, a couple inches is good

Dry asparagus well

On a shallow baking pan, place asparagus and drizzle with a little olive oil. I have never measured this, probably 1-2 teaspoons, it really goes a long way

Sprinkle everything with seasoned salt, you could use salt and pepper instead.

Using your hands, gently toss the asparagus until it is coated with the oil and salt is evenly distributed.

Roast in a 500* oven for 10-12 minutes. The thicker the asparagus, the longer it will take in the oven. We like young, thin stalks.

We really like this...okay so Drew doesn't, but he's away at school and he hates almost all veggies...even the Veggie Tales! Doug's not big on anything green but this is an exception! During grilling season, I roast it right on the grill and it is awesome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment