Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring is finally SpRinGiNg!

Labeling them means I can send someone else out to grab a few leaves!
I love fresh herbs when I am cooking. However, they can be expensive and if I do buy them, I often don't use the whole bunch before it goes bad, so it can be a waste of money. Last summer I tried my hand at growing a couple things in pots on my deck. Guess what?!? Turns out it is pretty easy to do and I had fresh herbs all summer! So when I walked into Wally-World the other day and saw some, I grabbed a couple. We have already enjoyed some fresh cilantro in Pico de Gallo last night for dinner. I painted up a couple of terracotta pots and now they look super cute sitting outside getting some sun and I can just step out there and grab a few leaves whenever I need to! I think I may add a couple more so it will be like my own little mini herb garden.
They only cost a couple bucks, are easy to grow, and smell fantastic....a good deal all around!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to get started here with Fresh Herbs...maybe this weekend! Love the pots! So cute, bet my kids would love to paint the pots.

    ReplyDelete